A wig is an investment that many women keep for some time, and there are many decisions to be made when narrowing down the options to a final purchase. But how much do you know about human hair wigs? Before a woman can decide whether a human hair or synthetic wig is best for her, she needs to pinpoint exactly why she wants to wear a wig. The following table gives some of the most common reasons for augmenting the hair with a hairpiece or wig.
- To conceal a medical or genetic condition associated with hair loss.
- For convenience and ease.
- To change the look of the hair quickly.
- To take on a different persona or disguise one’s identity.
Compared with synthetic wigs, human hair wigs is more expensive. But do you know why? We have a number of women in our support group who wear both kinds of wigs and all of them look fabulous. It’s personal choice at the end of the day and what you feel best in. However here is some information, which may help you decide what kind of wig you would like to wear.
- Styling Versatility. Many human hair wigs can be colored, permed and styled just like your own hair. Keep in mind that it is important to take your wig to a stylist who is experienced in dealing with human hair wigs if you wish to alter the style.
- Texture. Human hair wigs come in a variety of textures, so you can match your own hair texture very closely.
- Longevity. With proper care, human hair wigs can last a year or more when worn daily.
- Natural Look. Human hair wigs feel great and can look incredibly natural.
Certainly, there are some Cons for huaman hair wigs either.
Because human hair must be purchased from suppliers, the price is much higher than that of synthetic fibers, which can be manufactured on demand. However, most women find that the expense of a human hair wig is worth the benefits if their No. 1 priority is having a wig with a natural look and feel.
Like regular hair, human hair wigs require daily styling, as opposed to a synthetic wig, which comes preset. Some women find this fun, while others may be too busy or drained or physically unable to spend this much time on their wig.
- Long-Term Damage
Like anyone’s own natural hair, a wig made of human hair can become damaged and split over time from repeated brushing, heat styling, and color processing. This is why it is best not to color a wig very often, if ever. Unlike real hair, which can grow out and replenish itself, damaged hair on a wig is permanently damaged. The ends may be trimmed to remove splits, but at some point, a human hair wig will need to be replaced.
At the end of the day, human hair wigs are best for women who miss their own natural hair and want a wig to mimic hair’s look and styling versatility. A woman who wears a wig every day to disguise her own hair or lack of hair will likely prefer a human hair wig to minimize detection and finds it to be worth the investment. Women who wear wigs only occasionally but have the money in their budget may also prefer the natural look of a human hair wig on certain special occasions. Human hair wigs may not be best for women who are suffering from medical conditions or disabilities and are unable or unwilling to wash and style a wig on a regular basis.
Goodyardhair-30+years experience in hair manufacturing.